We are Amanda and Antoine, a husband-and-wife team and the founders of local gift creation and delivery service Jane’s Handcrafts & Gifts. We’re taking on the gifting world by putting together beautifully presented hampers for all occasions.
Easter is on its way! … which means the start of preparations for the feast of chocolate eggs and hot cross buns that are going to be devoured over the extra-long Easter weekend (or well before it – with some being devoured now even as I write this)!
The tradition of giving chocolates for Easter dates back exactly 150 years when, in 1873, an English confectioner named Fry’s put to market the first chocolate Easter egg, and anyone could purchase one!
For some, it’s a time to reflect on the date’s spiritual significance to them. Some head away for the weekend, and some simply spend the day with family and friends, young or old.
There are many ways to celebrate Easter… but if you’re having trouble working out how to keep little ones entertained over the long weekend, here are some ideas that can be used either inside or outside.
Some indoor activities could include:
- Having a secret Easter Bunny gift exchange
- Easter crafts, which could include Easter cards, paper bunny lanterns, pom-pom wreaths, or hand painted eggs
- Easter movie marathon! (2011’s ‘HOP’ is one of my favourites), or
- Easter brunch with family and friends
Some outdoor activities could include:
- Organising a traditional Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt
- Head to the park with the family for an Easter Games Tournament, or
- Pack up the family and head to the beach
However you and your family or friends choose to spend the break, remember to stay safe and have a hopping good time!
P.S. Congratulations to our very first winner of our monthly gift basket competition: Trent Irvine, seen here with his son! We hope you enjoy your prize!